LASER WIRE STRIPPING
MJM Industries offers a complete Laser Stripping program to meet all of your demanding wire and cable processing needs.
A Practical Solution to Mechanical Stripping Methods
Laser wire stripping offers a practical solution to small diameter wires and un-symmetrical shielded cables by eliminating the possibility of mechanical damage to the conductor and internal insulation materials. By using a laser, the insulation will absorb the beam and be vaporized. The metallic materials of the underlying wire conductor will reflect the laser beam and will not be harmed in any way.
An alternative to standard mechanical stripping devices, our laser wire stripper is a computer controlled machine, much like a CNC router, which uses a laser to burn off the insulation of the wire. The system consists of a laser, an optical system, con- trols, application tooling and safety barriers. Laser wire stripping machines are your best choice for very fine gauge wires since they do not damage the conductor.
Applications range from aerospace and aircraft power leads to wires for dental
and medical drills, hearing aids, catheters, pacemakers, ultrasound transducers and other devices. Automotive applications include electronic cables, air bag harnesses, small motors and actuators.
Our 25 watt dual axis Laser Stripper has the speed and power to strip varying material types and dimensions.
Features and Benefits:
- Accurate and repeatable stripping of wire and cable, without the risk of conductor damage
- Processing of multiple wires and cables simultaneously
- End strips, window strips, longitudinal strips, and other patterns are available
- Especially suited for class 3 applications as required by IPC and WHMA
- PTFE/Teflon • Tefzel
- Polyurethane • Silicon
- Polyesterimide • Polyester
- Enamel Coated
- <6.0MM (.24”) outer diameter
- (4.0”) for Ribbon Cable • <100mm Bed Size
- 4.0”x4.0” dimensional constraints